Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises
Workshops with Jennifer
What is TRE®?
TRE® stands for Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises. This simple set of exercises helps individuals release stress and tension as a result of difficult life circumstances, immediate or prolonged stressful situations, or traumatic life experiences.
- The TRE® process accesses the body’s natural ability to let go of tension and trauma by initiating the relaxation response through specific, yet simple exercises.
- TRE® allows the body to come back into a balanced state while releasing held stress and chronic tension patterns in the body.
- TRE® exercises help individuals release tension in the muscles, which in turn relaxes the anxiety of our minds, by evoking a muscular shaking process in the body.
- TRE® exercises elicit shaking in a very controlled and sustained manner. When evoked, the body begins to release deep chronic muscular tension held within the body. The shaking often begins at the power center of the body, the Psoas Muscle. From this area, it reverberates throughout the entire body traveling along the spine, releasing deep chronic tension from the sacrum to the cranium.
Who can benefit from TRE®?
Everyone can benefit from TRE®.
The shaking mechanism in the muscles is part of our natural behavior, therefore it is beneficial for:
- A Parent or Spouse
- A Victim of Violence or an Accident
- A person suffering from PTSD
- Sports Injuries
- Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain
- Many medical diagnosis & Cancer
Reported Benefits Include:
- Less Worry & Anxiety
- Reduces Symptoms of PTSD
- More Energy & Endurance
- Improved Marital Relationships
- Less Workplace Stress
- Better Sleep
- Less Relationship Conflict
- Reduced Muscle & Back Pain
- Increased Flexibility
- Greater Emotional Resiliency
- Decreases Symptoms of Vicarious Trauma
- Healing of Old Injuries
- Lessened Anxiety surrounding Serious Illness
- Relief from Chronic Medical Conditions
The relaxation and balance achieved with TRE® is a phenomenal complement to a variety of wellness practices. Practitioners of yoga and pilates see tremendous benefit to relaxing muscles more completely and restoring full and relaxed breathing to the body. TRE® is also a very effective component of a meditation practice as it relaxes and stills both the body and mind and helps cultivate greater body awareness. Athletes of all kinds can benefit from the restorative nature of TRE® as an extremely effective recovery tool between workouts.
TRE® is a safe and effective stress release technique for most people. The TRE process should not be used as a substitute for trauma recovery procedures of a medical or psychological nature.
Individuals who have physical or psychological/psychiatric conditions that require strict regulation, individuals with fragile psychological defenses, a complex history of trauma or restricting physical or medical limitations should consult their medical practitioner or a Certified TRE Provider prior to performing these exercises.
It is contraindicated to utilize TRE® if you have Epilepsy, seizures or are currently pregnant.
All the best,
(Owner) Kashmir & Lotus
704-727-6746 Voice Mail
614-371-9330 Text & Voice Mail
5 minutes to register, fill the forms, finalize payments, set up mats,
handouts and review liability.
45-minutes lecture on TRE® and questions
45-minures exercise/ tremor time
5-minutes integration, self-evaluation, self-care
5-minute closing, clean up
Students wear yoga clothing and bring a yoga mat, yoga blanket, and water.
Sunday, April ,14th
10 am - 1 pm
3722 S Tryon St ·
Charlotte, North Carolina
With Jennifer Hunt
Kashmir & Lotus
Limited to 15 students!
$75.00 per person
Send Payment to Venmo
or email [email protected]
you will be invoiced with Square.
FYI- If you've taken a TRE Workshop or private session with me and would like to join us for the supervised tremor session, prepay $25 and be present by 11:30 am.
We’ll start off by learning how to shake off accumulated stress, tension or trauma that has been stored in the body by learning how to use the self help tool, known as TRE®
Dive a little deeper to soothe your mind, body and soul with quiet rest and relaxation with a Restorative +Yin Yoga + Chakra Balancing Meditation.
Must be at least 18 to attend this workshop.
Would you like to host a TRE Event for your group?