Shake Off Stress
Anxiety & Trauma with TRE® Exercise
CERTIFIED ADVANCED TRE®️ PROVIDEr
What is TRE®?
TRE® stands for Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises. This simple set of exercises helps individuals release stress and tension as a result of difficult life circumstances, immediate or prolonged stressful situations, or traumatic life experiences.
- The TRE® process accesses the body's natural ability to let go of tension and trauma by initiating the relaxation response through specific, yet simple exercises.
- TRE® allows the body to come back into a balanced state while releasing held stress and chronic tension patterns in the body.
- TRE® exercises help individuals release tension in the muscles, which in turn relaxes the anxiety of our minds, by evoking a muscular shaking process in the body.
- TRE® exercises elicit shaking in a very controlled and sustained manner. When evoked, the body begins to release deep chronic muscular tension held within the body. The shaking often begins at the power center of the body, the Psoas Muscle. From this area, it reverberates throughout the entire body traveling along the spine, releasing deep chronic tension from the sacrum to the cranium.
Who can benefit from TRE®?
Everyone can benefit from TRE®. The shaking mechanism in the muscles is part of our natural behavior, therefore it is beneficial for:
- A Parent or Spouse
- A Victim of Violence or an Accident
- A person suffering from PTSD
- Sports Injuries
- Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain
- Many medical diagnosis & Cancer
Reported Benefits Include:
- Less Worry & Anxiety
- Reduces Symptoms of PTSD
- More Energy & Endurance
- Improved Marital Relationships
- Less Workplace Stress
- Better Sleep
- Less Relationship Conflict
- Reduced Muscle & Back Pain
- Increased Flexibility
- Greater Emotional Resiliency
- Decreases Symptoms of Vicarious Trauma
- Healing of Old Injuries
- Lessened Anxiety surrounding Serious Illness
- Relief from Chronic Medical Conditions
Life isn't stressed free for any of us. We have busy lives with our families, our jobs, and our friends. We rush from deadline to deadline, one event to another, never allowing our bodies to release the strain from daily life.
We currently live in a time where most of us have or will experience a traumatic event; be it personally or vicariously due to the threats of terrorism, political unrest and climate changes that create disastrous hurricanes, droughts, and earthquakes often creating a mass loss of life.
The Good News: Physiologically, we all have the tools encoded into us to deal with such stressors. TRE® teaches us to re-train & allow our bodies to release, relax & recover from both, past & present stress, tension and trauma.
What happens to the body during a Traumatic Event or Prolonged Stress?
- Our body naturally goes into a Fight or Flight mode.
- Our muscles tense pulling the body into an inward, fetal pattern while the sympathetic nervous system gears up, increasing heart rate, blood pressure, and adrenaline; this allows us to flee or stand our ground in the presence of a perceived threat.
- Our health is detrimentally affected from this Fight or Flight response if the stressful experience is not discharged and the body stays in a turned ON state for a long term period of time. This constant level of stress & tension throughout our body can exacerbate over time, thus developing into many different issues &/or illnesses.
Examples of illnesses caused by prolonged stress on the body: Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia, Tight Muscles, High Blood Pressure, Fatigue, Depression, Cardiovascular Disease, Migraine, Stress & Tension Headaches, TMJ and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
We are designed to experience, endure & survive stressful episodes. We are genetically encoded to release this pain and trauma from our bodies. After a traumatic event, our bodies naturally tremble , which allows the body and muscles to release the excess energy, relax our muscles and calm the sympathetic nervous system down to come back into a balance.
The Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises were created to assist the body to actually tremor, re-training our bodies to do what is natural to release the stress from our system and to be able to move forward in a calm balanced way.
TRE® is very effective for treating the symptoms of trauma and PTSD. Trauma is broadly defined and can include such "innocent" traumas as falling off a ladder or slipping on the ice, and can also include the shock and trauma from more serious events such as car accidents, medical emergencies, sexual trauma or violence. TRE® is also effective with longer term developmental type trauma including birth trauma, abuse, and neglect.
Stress affects the body and nervous system in many ways, showing up as muscular tension, headaches, insomnia, irritability, anxiety, or depression. TRE® helps combat the accumulation of stress in the body by accessing the body's innate muscular mechanism for releasing it through a tremoring process. People suffering from overwork, anxiety, or those who are simply in a stressful environment as part of their work (teachers, social workers, nurses, physicians, police, firefighters, paramedics, EMTs) benefit tremendously from incorporating TRE® as a self-care tool into their lives.
The relaxation and balance achieved with TRE® is a phenomenal complement to a variety of wellness practices. Practitioners of yoga and pilates see tremendous benefit to relaxing muscles more completely and restoring full and relaxed breathing to the body. TRE® is also a very effective component of a meditation practice as it relaxes and stills both the body and mind and helps cultivate greater body awareness. Athletes of all kinds can benefit from the restorative nature of TRE® as an extremely effective recovery tool between workouts.
TRE® is a safe and effective stress release technique for most people. The TRE process should not be used as a substitute for trauma recovery procedures of a medical or psychological nature.
Individuals who have physical or psychological/psychiatric conditions that require strict regulation, individuals with fragile psychological defenses, a complex history of trauma or restricting physical or medical limitations should consult their medical practitioner or a Certified TRE Provider prior to performing these exercises.
It is contraindicated to utilize TRE ®if you have Epilepsy, seizures or are currently pregnant.
When can you do TRE®?
TRE can be done in private session and in a small group settings;
Once learned you can even do it in the privacy of your own home.
TRE® in office Rock Hill, SC or Virtual Session with Zoom
1 TRE® Private Session $85 (Not Available)
A minimum of 4 TRE®sessions is required at this time
Private TRE® Sessions - Available
On line- ZOOM
Local- Rock Hill, SC
1st TRE®️ Package $399
1st session is 2 hours and includes first TRE®️Supervised Session
1st supervised TRE® Session
After Care Instructions
3/ 1 Hour TRE® Private Supervised Sessions
TRE® Sessions are available with Jennifer Hunt via Zoom.
Request a Virtual TRE® Session
email / [email protected]
Email-Please include your name, phone number, preferred call time
(plan 5 -10 mins.) and confirm your preferred Supervision time (within 48 hours of your call.)
-I will call for introduction, answer questions, email/text exercises, confirm supervision date and time.
During Supervision, you will be guided through the exercises and I will observe your tremor process with a computer, cell phone or tablet.
You will need wall space, floor, blanket and pillow.
Please watch the video I send, a couple of times prior to your supervised session.
I will observe your practice while being your guide through the TRE® Process. You will learn how to facilitate the tremor mechanism in a safe and effective manner.
For more information on TRE® contact TraumaPrevention.com .
We are committed to your privacy. Do not include confidential or private information regarding your health condition in this form or any other form found on this website. This form is for general questions or messages to the practitioner.